Respite volunteers can be assigned to provide respite to family caregivers. Volunteers undergo an extensive training to prepare them to provide emotioThrift & Gift Volunteers:
Our large Thrift & Gift Store is a treasure trove of value for the community. It takes a team of dedicated volunteers to also make it a dependable source of revenue to enable Hospice of Ukiah to provide our free services.
Volunteers are needed to sort, price, and display items which are donated. They keep the store clean and clutter free, help customers to find items, and generally provide the friendly face which encourages people to shop and enjoy our store.
To join the team at the Thrift & Gift Store fill out the Volunteer Application form and return it to the Manager at the Thrift, or mail to Hospice of Ukiah, 620 So. Dora St. Ste.101, Ukiah, CA 95482.
Volunteering Improves Health, Lowers Stress, Boosts Self Confidence.
Research has documented:
- Lowered levels of stress hormones in those who volunteer.
- Lowered blood pressure and a decrease in chronic pain.
- Improvement in mental and physical health in adults over 60.
- Improved life satisfaction – the “helper’s high” when you contribute to your community.
- Volunteers develop a new network of friends, increased trust and social interactions.
- Volunteers learn new skills, increasing self confidence.
- Those who volunteer their time often have longer life spans and decreased illness.
- A decrease in loneliness and depression.