Position: Store Manager for the Hospice Thrift & Gift Store at 401 South State Street, Ukiah
Seeking an experienced Retail store manager who is passionate about our patients, their families, and the community we serve. This position is responsible for managing the sales, operations, asset protection, and human resource functions of the store to ensure profitability and a positive experience for our customers, our staff, and our volunteers.
- Supervise, direct, and coach Thrift Store staff and volunteers
- Train and recruit new employees and volunteer staff
- Promote customer service by ensuring that staff and volunteers are greeting and assisting customers
- Perform all financial activities effectively and ensure all register transactions are completed accurately and in accordance with policy
- Reconciles daily sales and deposits
- Maintain a visually appealing store, ensuring visual merchandising, organization and housekeeping are kept to a high standard
- Oversee pricing of merchandise
- Manages the general operations of the store ensuring that the store is in good working order, and adequately supplied to ensure safe and efficient operations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to articulate the hospice philosophy
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills, with ability to effectively multi-task
- Intermediate computer skills are required. Proficient with email, Outlook, and MS Office
- Experience and Education
High school diploma or equivalent required
- Relevant college degree preferred
- One (1) year retail and/or thrift shop experience required
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
Salary negotiable and based on experience and qualifications. Apply by e-mailing a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. or phone 707 462-4038.
Position: Donation Bay Associate
Seeking an able bodied person to man our Donations Bay at the Thrift & Gift Store. For more information please call the Administrator at 707 462-4038.