Hospice of Ukiah offers Grief counselling and Non Denominational Spiritual Support to support you through your grief and beyond.
Chaplain: Kay Lieberknecht – 391-1817
Grief Support Groups: Our free Grief Support groups are for people experiencing a loss of any kind. The Group is a safe place to express your grief and share your experience with others in an accepting, understanding, and caring atmosphere.
Individual Support: The Chaplain may also be available for immediate counselling if a group is not available or it’s not possible to join.
What you can do:
- Express your feelings for as long as you need to.
- Get a physical check up – at least annually.
- Join a Grief Support Group or get individual help.
- Talk to trusted friends about your grief.
- Talk to your minister or spiritual guide.
- Be nice to yourself – visit a spa, get a massage, buy yourself a gift.
- Take up a hobby or something you’ve always wanted to do.
- Volunteer to help others.
- Get gentle exercise – walking, yoga, gardening.
- Have a good cry when you feel like it.
- Remember good times with your loved one.
- Share rituals and special dates with your your family and friends.