Eventually we all face a Terminal or Life Threatening illness.
The Mission of Hospice of Ukiah is to provide end of life and comfort care, free of charge, to everyone in our community who needs it.
Hospice of Ukiah is based on the belief that people with terminal or long time debilitating illness can live and die comfortably among family and friends in familiar surroundings. We provide support and professional care for the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of clients and their families.
How Do You Enter Our Hospice Program?
- There must be a willing and able care giving person (or persons) responsible for the 24 hour care.
- The client must have a primary physician who makes the referral and will accept responsibility for the overall medical care.
- The client must live in the geographical area we serve*
- The client, whenever possible, must be able to participate in decision making
Why Hospice of Ukiah?
- There is no requirement for a prognosis of death.
- You may continue to receive life extending treatment (such as Chemo, Dialysis, etc.)
- We do not require or accept Medicare, Medi-Cal, or private insurance.
- You can go to the Hospital or Emergency Room as circumstances require.
- Signing a DNR or POLST is recommended but not required.
- 24 hour on-call help via phone.
- You will receive professional, compassionate care.
- All our services are free.**
*Serving: Ukiah, Calpella, Redwood Valley, Potter Valley, Hopland, Talmage, Anderson Valley, and Willits.
** Hospice of Ukiah is completely supported by the community in the form of Donations, Grants, Bequests, and the earnings from our Thrift & Gift Store.