The Mission of Hospice of Ukiah is to provide end of life and comfort care, free of charge, to everyone in our community who needs it.
Hospice of Ukiah is based on the belief that people with terminal or long time debilitating illness can live and die comfortably among family and friends in familiar surroundings. We provide support and professional care for the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of clients and their families.
How Do You Qualify for Our Hospice Program?
- There must be a willing and able caregiver responsible for the clients’s 24 hour care.
- The client must have a primary physician who makes the referral and accepts responsibility for medical care.
- The client must live in the geographical area we serve*
- The client, when possible, must be able to participate in decision making
Why Choose Hospice of Ukiah?
- There is no requirement for a prognosis of death.
- You may continue to receive life extending treatment (such as Chemo, Dialysis, etc.)
- We do not require or accept Medicare, Medi-Cal, or private insurance.
- You can go to the Hospital or Emergency Room as circumstances require.
- Signing a DNR or POLST is recommended but not required.
- 24 hour on-call help via phone.
- You will receive professional, compassionate care.
- All our services are free.**